This project involved the development of a new climbing wall facility for the University of Limerick at the south east corner of the existing UL Sports Arena. The works were carried out in a live college environment. The new climbing wall facility has a footprint of approx. 2500ft2
The scope of works involved:
- Removal & demolition of sections of the existing grass bank located between the racing track and the Arena Building.
- Diversion of existing services
- Construction of a new climbing wall facility.
- New link corridor between the existing arena and the new facility
- External façade work including external glazing, fibre cement panels, grey black plinth, integrated ventilation panels, and seam roof panels.
- Installation of specialist lead climbing wall
- Installation of specialist auto belays & bouldering wall
- Construction of training and breakout areas.
- Full Mechanical and electrical installations, and associated builders works.
- Installation of passenger lift
- All associated external landscaping.
The project was completed on time, within budget and to the high standard of finish.
University of Limerick
Hugh Kelly Architects
Project Quantity Surveyor:
Don O’Malley & Partners
DJF Engineering Services