Greenstar Waste Management Facility, Glanmire, Cork
The Greenstar Project involved re-building and remedial works to the fire damaged waste management facility (Material Recycling Facility Building) in Sarsfield Court Industrial Estate, Glanmire, Co. Cork.
The 35,000 sq/ft MRF Building suffered extensive fire damage in November 2013 and the following works were carried out by Monami Construction:
– Removal of existing and supply and installation of new Structural Steelwork
– Shot Blasting, Priming, Fire painting to Steel Portal Frame
– Removal of existing secondary steelwork, supply and installation of new to steel portal frame
– New wall and roof cladding including cladding rails, purlins, sheeting, flashings, trims, gutters and downpipes
– Remedial works to existing reinforced concrete walls
– New mechanical and electrical installations
– Installation of new Fast Action roller doors, entry doors and aluminum windows
– Co-ordination, management and installation of new Odour Abatement System
– Supply and Installation of Modular ‘Tipping Walls’
– All ancillary and site works
The project was completed on budget and within a time restricted 16 week programme.
Fehily Timoney Consulting Engineers
Matt O’Mahony & Associates Ltd.
Bruce Shaw Partnership