This project involved the development of a 4.5-hectare site to construct a 123-bed nursing home facility, with single rooms & en-suites over two storeys all designed to exceed relevant Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) standards, and guidelines.
The structure was constructed off strip and pad foundations with precast concrete floor slabs, steel framed with masonry infill. New vehicular access roads, car parking and landscaping.
The scope of works involved:
- New strip / pad Foundations
- Masonry Walls
- Precast concrete Floor Slabs
- Precast concrete Stairs
- Full Mechanical and Electrical Installations
- Construction of a New Lift Shaft & all associated services
- Installation of Aluminium Windows & Doors
- Full Internal Fit-Out of the new Building including state of the art Specialist Medical Standard Fitted / Loose Furniture & equipment, Sanitaryware and Ironmongery installations
- Full Internal & External Painting, Decorating & Wall Finishes throughout
- All Associated Site Works including Landscaping, Construction of Roads & Paving, Installation of Services and also the Construction of Staff and visitor Car Parking
The project was completed on time, within budget and to the high standard of finish that the client expected.
Bartra Capital Property Group
Project Quantity Surveyor:
Mitchell McDermott Consultants
JV Tierney Consulting Engineers
Structural & Civil Engineer:
O’Connor Sutton Cronin Partnership