New multi storey building, on a live multiple use campus, to be utilized as a visitor & event centre and act as a hospitality building through the Galway Race Festival.
The construction works comprised of the demolition of an existing steel framed building, construction of a new multi story building with superstructure consisting of both special class insitu concrete, precast concrete and structural steel. The building envelope included rainscreen cladding, curtain walling, pressed metal cladding and forticrete blockwork. Roof Works included pressed metal saw tooth profile, pvc membrane and asphalt to various flat roof areas. The approximate size of the new building is 4,135m2.
The main elements of work undertaken on this project included:
- Demolition of existing structures & site preparation
- In Situ Concrete Foundations
- Superstructure; Special Class In Situ Concrete, Pre Cast Concrete & Structural Steel
- External Envelope; Pelicolar Rainscreen Cladding, Prelaq Pressed Metal Cladding, Curtain Wall & Forticrete Blockwork
- Roofs; Pressed Metal Saw Tooth incorporating aluminium glazaing, pvc flat roofs (cold), asphalt flat roofs (hot)
- Lift Installations
- Mechanical & Electrical Installations incl specialist Audio Visual and outside broadcast capabilities
- Bespoke internal wall and ceiling linings; bespoke timber lining system to ceilings, Swisspearl Cladding to internal walls
- Full fit out internally
- External Works; all associated site works incl stormwater attenuation and all services connections
The project was completed on time, within budget and to a quality standard of finish.
John Britton Consulting Engineers
Project Quantity Surveyor:
Varming Consulting Engineers