The project involved the New Build Construction of a 5 Storey Accommodation Block with a combined floor area of 2800m2 (Phase 1) then returning to complete construction of a further two storeys on top of the previously completed building (Phase 2), all at the North Star Hotel, Amiens Street, Dublin 1.
The Construction was carried out on an extremely tight site within the grounds of an occupied hotel in Dublin City Centre adjacent to a Train Line which involved extensive planning and Risk Management to ensure the works could be facilitated and to limited Site Access so as to minimise risk to the public
The scope of Works Carried out was as Follows:
- Construction of a Reinforced Concrete Frame with composite metal deck floor slabs and roof slab.
- Construction of Brickwork/ Blockwork envelope
- Installation of a Warm Deck PVC roof to falls.
- Completion of all necessary Site works
- High Quality External Finishes including Aluminium Curtain Walling and Windows
- Construction of Stairwell and Lift shafts
- Installation of all necessary Fireproofing
North Star Hotel
Tyler Owens Architects
Project Quantity Surveyor:
O’Farrell Quantity Surveyors
JAK Consulting Engineers Ltd
Magahy Broderick Associates