The project involved the construction of a new 5 story residential development comprising of 29 no. apartments with balconies. The apartment block consists of 25 no. 1 bed apartments; 4 no. 2 bed apartments, 1 no. maintenance unit with associated storage.
The scope of works involved:
- Enabling works, involving the establishment of project offices/compound
- Ground Works (Drainage, Sewerage & Foundations)
- Part demolition of existing four story stair core building
- Construction of new 5 story concrete frame apartment block
- Construction of internal circulation including shared stairways and lifts
- Full M&E Services Installation
- New switch/plant room,
- New roof mounted solar panels;
- New communal bin stores;
- New pedestrian/vehicular access from Poplar Row Road,
- New car park including 8 no. car parking spaces (incl. 1 no. disabled accessible space) & 29 no. bicycle spaces
- New hard and soft landscaping to the front (Poplar Row) and rear of the proposed development;
- New boundary walls
- New connection to existing site services
- All ancillary site development works above and below ground.
The project was completed on time, within budget and to the high standard of finish.
Oaklee Housing Association
Project Quantity Surveyor:
MacMinn O’Reilly Mahon
IN2 Engineering Design Partnership
Civil & Structural Engineer:
Punch Consulting Engineers