John Henry Newman Building, MIC
Mary Immaculate College
Mary Immaculate College, Limerick
Quinn Architects, Bruce Shaw, Moloney Fox, Punch Consulting Engineers
This project consisted of the redevelopment & change of use of the John Henry Newman Campus Building for Mary Immaculate College including full internal demolitions & alterations, external facade work and all associated site works.
The scope of works involved:
- Internal demolition/alterations and refurbishment works
- Full replacement of existing roof finishes
- Remedial works to existing roof structure
- External stone walls are to be repointed
- Replacement/refurbishment of existing external windows.
- Demolition/alteration to ancillary site structures
- New paved access link from Mt. St Vincent grounds to South circular road,
- Alterations to existing carpark and access road
- Hard and soft landscaping,
- New site services (gas, electrical, site lighting, telecom, security, water mains, foul and surface water
- New foul connection from O’Connell Avenue. The surface water drainage will also include for grey water storage, including new ancillary site structures.
The project was completed on time, within budget and to the high standard of finish that Mary Immaculate College expected.